🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution. Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by acting as both bridge and builder, delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe.
🔎 What's in it for you
If you are passionate about pushing boundaries, thrive in a challenging environment, and want to make a lasting impact on Europe's financial landscape, we invite you to join our team and be part of this extraordinary journey.
💥 Your impact
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality, robust, and scalable Android applications using Kotlin, Coroutines, Compose and other modern approaches
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features that enhance the user experience and overall functionality of the application
- Implement and maintain best practices, architectural patterns, and performance optimizations to ensure a high-quality, maintainable codebase
- Work closely with Product Designers to implement responsive, and user-friendly interfaces, with an understanding of the Material Design guidelines
- Integrate with external APIs, payment systems, and third-party services to expand the application's functionality and ensure seamless interoperability
- Participate in code reviews, identify and fix bugs, and perform thorough testing to ensure the application's stability, usability, and reliability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices in Android development, and contribute to the team's continuous learning and growth
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies to ensure timely delivery and continuous improvement
💻 Technology stack
- Kotlin + Coroutines
- Multi-module structure
- Security libraries and approaches
✅ If you had joined us last month, here’s what you could have done
- Participate in discussions with the Design team and implement a brand new Design System
- Work closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to implement brand new features
- Work with the Security team on security hardenings and improvements
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in Android development, with a deep understanding of the Android ecosystem and a strong focus on Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio, and other development tools and frameworks
- Experience building and improving large scale applications for the general public
- Experience with third-party libraries, APIs, and integration with external systems
- Good understanding of Scrum processes and day-to-day development processes (code review, version control systems such as Git...)
- Familiarity with using continuous integration as part of your daily development
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering high-quality, maintainable code
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with unit testing, UI testing, and test-driven development is a plus
🐝 About the team
You’ll be part of a Pan-European Product and Engineering team that operates in an Agile environment. You’ll work closely — but fully remotely — with experts in Product Design, Web Dev, Mobile Dev, Backend Dev, QA and DevOps from Germany, France, the Netherlands, Poland, and other European locations.
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- Technical interview with one of our Senior Android Engineers
- Interview with one of our Product Managers
- Final interview with our Chief of Product & Engineering
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
- You're not passionate about mobile technologies
- You're not willing to work in a fully remote environment
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.