🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution. Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by acting as both bridge and builder, delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe.
🔎 What's in it for you
If you are passionate about pushing boundaries, thrive in a challenging environment, and want to make a lasting impact on Europe's financial landscape, we invite you to join our team and be part of this extraordinary journey.
💥 Your impact
- Lead the development of cutting-edge web applications using Next.js and React.js
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality code and architectural solutions
- Implement responsive designs that delight users and adhere to modern web standards
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation, and mentorship of junior developers
💻 Technology stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Next.js, React.js, MUI, Hyperfetch, Storybook
- Backend: Backend: Kotlin, Gradle, Ktor, MongoDB, EKS, Terraform
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in architecting and implementing modern web applications
- Demonstrable expertise in Typescript, React.js and Next.js
- Proven capability to conceptualize and architect solutions that align with business objectives,rather than merely executing tasks
- Proficiency in leveraging Material UI (MUI) for intuitive and responsive application design
- Skilled in articulating and presenting new web functionalities to a broad, non-technical audience
- A track record of effective collaboration in cross-disciplinary teams, including but not limited to UX designers and backend engineers
🐝 About the team
You’ll be part of a Pan-European Product and Engineering team that operates in an Agile environment. You’ll work closely — but fully remotely — with experts in Product Design, Web Dev, Mobile Dev, Backend Dev, QA and DevOps from Germany, France, the Netherlands, Poland, and other European locations.
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- Technical interview with one of our Senior Web Developers
- Final interview with our Chief of Product & Engineering
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
- You're not passionate about web technologies or not willing to work in a fully remote environment.
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.