🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution.
Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by acting as both bridge and builder, delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe.
🔎 What's in it for you
You are working in a big payment company but would like to join a more dynamic and smaller one? leave your highly hierarchical security or Framework team and have a bigger impact? You want to be a pioneer of a truly innovative payment project? Then this job might be for you.
💥 Your impact
- Design and implement the overall Fraud Management policy for the EPI Scheme and its Members.
- Actively collaborate with the EPI Scheme Members in
- providing fraud management best-in-class practices
- incorporating their feedback into the overall Fraud Management policy.
- defining and updating fraud monitoring programs and supervising their compliance.
- Contribute to the set-up of the necessary controls and KPIs to enable an adequate monitoring of online transactions.
- Identify and investigate potential fraud patterns and fraud events.
- Establish and promote collaboration with local and European security forces to actively prosecute fraud.
- Prepare the reporting to the relevant audiences, as needed, including Board Committees and EPI Scheme Members.
- Contribute to the definition of KPIs for the company to which the fraud management solution has been outsourced.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the fraud management solution and establish procedures to update and to reduce the proportion of false positives.
✅ If you had joined us last month, here’s what you could have done
You would have already started to build, together with other colleagues, our Fraud policy. But we are only in the early stages and you will be a key pillar in the upcoming work.
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- Deep knowledge of :
- the functioning of payment schemes
- the functioning of SCT Inst from a technical perspective
- payments security
- More than 5 years of experience in fraud management, preferably within a payment scheme, or within a financial institution.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into operational and business rules.
- Excellent command of English.
- Nice to have:
- established contacts with Europol or with the local security forces of European countries;
- deep knowledge in the risk management field in general;
- knowledge of payment disputes management.
🐝 About the team
You will report to Carmen, the EPI Chief Scheme Officer, who has an impressive international career of over 20 years in payments. In her team, you will closely work with Carlos and you will also interact with colleagues of other areas of the company, such as Thierry, Shikhar, or Ruggero. You will meet some of them in the recruitment process
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- An interview focused on the mission and your expertise
- Possibly, a business case or a tech assessment
- An interview focused on our company skills
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
- You’re looking for an already highly structured environment with no ambiguity.
- You’re expecting to be promoted 6 months after your arrival.
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.