🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution.
Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe and leveraging the client base of European banks and acquirers.
🔎 What's in it for you
Tired of delivering strategic notes and proposals without knowing how your recommendations will be implemented? Would you like to become a driving force behind something bigger and bring your recommendations to life? Would you like to have a tangible impact on a truly innovative large scale European payment solution? This job might be a perfect fit for you.
💥 Your impact
As a member of the CEO office, you will:
- Play a key role in the preparation and facilitation of the main governance meetings (e.g. Board of Directors, shareholder-led committees, management meetings, etc.) by gathering key inputs, building top-notch presentations to aid decision-making and following up closely on key takeaways.
- Support driving the strategic agenda of the company by devising and coordinating management initiatives from initiation through execution by:
- Managing key stakeholders and addressing “weak signals”.
- Contributing to find solutions on various internal and cross-department challenges.
- Handling both strategic, content-driven topics and daily business matters to drive delivery.
- Build and present businesses cases to support strategic decision-making, designing quantitative and qualitative analysis to deliver excellence (e.g. new markets, new competitor analysis, etc.)
- Work directly with the CEO on a daily basis, serving as subject matter expert, handling inquiries, defining priorities, conducting initial analysis of business proposals/issues.
✅If you had joined us last month, here’s what you could have done
You would have worked on the incorporation of a brand new subsidiary, contributed to board meetings of EPI subsidiaries, prepared an all-day physical EPI Board meeting, collaborated with EPI finance team to establish next year budget and worked with the HR Team to define next year staffing plan. You would have also monitored the latest payment trends and how EPI should address them.
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- You are fluent in English (CEFR C1 or C2); French, German or Dutch is a plus.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in a strategy consulting firm facing the clients (experience in payments would be highly considered).
- You can demonstrate impressive skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are great at building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and able to handle confidential information sensitively.
- You can demonstrate strong autonomy and vigilance to address emerging topics and challenges.
- You are able to quickly understand difficult topics in detail, while being structured and data oriented.
- You are able to thrive in a largely remote and multicultural working environment.
🐝 About the team
You will be part of the CEO office working closely with EPI's CEO since the very beginning. Martina has an impressive record as a former consultant (AT Kearney, Capgemini Consulting, Oliver Wyman) herself, working on numerous innovative international payment solutions. You will report to one of the CEO closest collaborators.
You will also have daily interactions with our Management Team, other internal and external consultants, and transversal project officers.
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- A take home case study to prepare & an interview with your future manager (focused on the expertise on the role)
- A final interview with the CEO, focused on the mission and your expertise
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
If you thrive only in well processed and resourceful environments, EPI is probably not for you. We are a solidly backed yet young start-up with high and innovative ambitions on a very complex, regulated and competitive market: you will need autonomy, be used to ambiguity, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty.
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.