🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution.
Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by acting as both bridge and builder, delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe.
🔎 What's in it for you
Are you tired of being one amongst many in a big financial structure, where everything has already been set up by others? Would you like to be a pioneer of a truly innovative pan European project? This job might be for you.
💥 Your impact
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, you will notably:
- Steer our Controls
- Monitor the level 1 controls, collect their results and support the managers.
- Plan and perform the level 2 controls, on a risk-driven approach.
- Monitor other level 2 controls performed in the company by the DPO and the CISO notably.
- Update continuously the risk matrix.
- Define and action risk mitigation plans.
- Contribute to the Risk Committee reporting (and any other Committee preparation).
- Liaise with EPI branches.
- Support the Business Continuity Manager and the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer to ensure Business Continuity within the team.
✅ If you had joined us last month, here’s what you could have done
- Update the risk matrix, in collaboration with the entire Management Team
- Design and implement level 2 controls to ensure risk mitigation and compliance with several frameworks (e.g. PISA, PSD2)
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in a Payment, Banking or Industry company, on Internal control, Risk management, Business continuity or Internal/External audit function
- Strongly knowledgeable about COSO, COBIt, ISO31000 or ISO27001.
- Mastering Excel
- Being or willing to be CISA certified
- Highly rigorous and organized
- Able to adapt your communication to different profiles in the company
- Fluent in English (any other European language is a plus)
🐝 About the team
You will report directly to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, in a small and highly skilled team. You will work with two other colleagues, focusing on business continuity and AML.
For legal and compliance reasons, you will be expected to work in one of the following countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Spain.
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- An interview focused on the mission and your expertise
- Possibly, a business case or a tech assessment
- An interview focused on our company skills
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
- You’re looking for an already highly structured environment with no ambiguity
- You’re expecting to be promoted in less than a year
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.