🚀 Be part of a movement to change the way Europe pays
You will be part of our mission at EPI to build and deliver a meaningful European payment solution.
Together, we want to enable a stronger European payment ecosystem by acting as both bridge and builder, delivering a payment solution for consumers across Europe.
🔎 What's in it for you
Tired of delivering notes and proposals without knowing how your recommendations will be implemented? You want leave your consulting firm and follow-up a meaningful project? You want to have an impact on a truly innovative large scale European product? You're interested in joining a start up supported by some of the largest European banks? This job might be for you.
💥 Your impact
You will report to our Chief Integration Officer and work closely with the C-level suite of EPI in resolving post merger integration challenges. This includes:
- Contribute to achieving the Target Operating Model state (the TOM, our big picture view) on some of the most critical aspects of merging Payconiq and iDeal with EPI across a broad array of areas.
- Work closely with relevant business owners across EPI, Payconiq and iDeal to ensure timely delivering of milestones across Operations, Finance, Restructuring, Marketing, Tools, Product and Engineering, and Legal workstreams.
- Act as a key problem solver on particular integration related topics.
- Track and report workstream progress against the TOM.
✅ If you had joined us last month, here’s what you could have done
- Been part of a joint celebration with Payconiq, iDeal and EPI following the closing of the M&A transaction.
- Been involved in multiple integration workstreams focusing on Payconiq International and working towards the target operating model around topics like platform and infrastructure, financial planning, and HR integration strategy (to name a few).
🕵🏻♀️ To succeed, you should meet at least 70% of these requirements
- You have at least 5 years experience in a strategy consulting firm facing the clients.
- You gained experience on M&A or Private Equity projects.
- You are a seasoned Stakeholder & Program Manager.
- You are knowledgeable about the Dutch payment and banking landscape.
- You are fluent in English (CEFR C1 or C2) and Dutch ; French or German is a plus.
- You can demonstrate impressive skills on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Quick to respond, you are very meticulous and autonomous.
- Very structured and data oriented, you are able to understand quickly difficult topics in details.
- You do not get satisfied with solving only the symptoms but are driven by deciphering and treating the root of the issue.
- You are able to thrive in a largely remote and multicultural working environment.
- You are ready to travel between 2 and 4 times each month (Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris).
🐝 About the team
You will be the first member of Integration Management Office, led by Amir, who has an impressive experience as a researcher, entrepreneur, senior Manager at Deloitte and Director of Digital Payment at the Deutsche Sparkasse, where he supported the first steps of EPI.
🪜 If this looks like you, the recruitment steps are:
- A first call with one of our recruiters
- An interview focused on the mission and your expertise
- Possibly, a business case or a tech assessment
- An interview focused on our company skills
- Hopefully, an offer you can’t refuse
⛔ Turn back if …
If you thrive only in well processed and resourceful environments, EPI is probably not for you. We are a solidly backed yet young start-up with high and innovative ambitions on a very complex, regulated and competitive market: you will need autonomy, be used to ambiguity, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty.
€ Who are we?
The European Payments Initiative has a unique role in bringing together the various players in the payment industry. We are creating an innovative, future-proof payment solution designed to meet the needs of merchants, professionals, charities and other organisations that accept payments and to enhance the everyday lives of consumers in Europe.
We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; EPI acts as a bridge, giving banks and other payment service providers the opportunity to combine innovation efforts and to address shared challenges together. EPI is a catalyst for change, enabling banks, payment service providers, payment gateways and merchants to contribute collectively to the continued strength and resilience of the European Union.
We want to start and grow a new movement with the potential to change the way people across Europe pay in the future.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities
EPI offers the same job opportunities to all, without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. EPI promotes the development of an inclusive work environment that mirrors the diversity of the clients our product is serving.